Bed Bug Control
Our Treatment Program
The Health Department “recommends that homeowners hire pest control companies registered by the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture to get rid of bed bugs.” As a company registered and licensed by the Department of Agriculture, Barry's Pest Control takes great pride and care in meticulously inspecting and treating your home for bed bugs.
Our comprehensive bed bug service is guaranteed to get rid of your infestation by completing the following steps:
- A Detailed Inspection: In order to determine the extent of your infestation, we will closely inspect all beds, box springs, bed frames, dressers, and all furniture in the bedrooms and throughout the house.
- Your Participation: To fully rid your home of bed bugs, we will need your help and cooperation. Our state-certified technicians will inform you of the steps you need to take in this process. All clothes, blankets, pillows, sheets, and all other bedding will need to be laundered and bagged. Frequent vacuuming around the area is also helpful. Other tips for keeping your home bed-bug free will be offered by your technician.
Our Treatment and Application -The initial treatment consists of five main steps:
- Steam: One of the best ways to kill bed bugs is with extreme heat. Your technician will go over all mattresses, box springs, bed frames, dressers, drawers, and all other furniture in the home with a steamer. This 150-degree steam will kill all the bed bugs and eggs it directly contacts. Since it would be impossible to find every bug and egg, the next step is to do a
- Base Spray: We will apply a base spray on all carpets, baseboards, and any cracks and crevices on the interior of the home. We use only the most proven and effective products available.
- Residual Application: Following the initial base spray, we again apply a residual spray to all the bedding, mattresses, and furniture in the home . The products used will kill any bugs that may reemerge in these areas over time.
- Outlets: In an effort to hide from sight and from our products, bed bugs often seek shelter in the electrical outlets throughout the home. As a result, we remove all outlet coverings and inject a residual dust into each outlet. After reattaching each cover, we begin the final and most important step.
- Fume: To ensure that all the bed bugs are killed and that they never return again, we fume the house. These strips, that look and act like an air freshener, release a slow but steady toxin into each room. Given the toxicity of this product, it is necessary for all occupants to leave the home for a period time depending on the severity of the infestation. Following treatment, we will open all windows and doors, and turn on fans throughout the house. Once the home has been properly ventilated the customer is free to reenter their bed bug-free home.
Follow Up Inspections and Treatments:
Ultimately, bed bugs are a pest that can irritate you and your family for a long period if not treated promptly and properly. Our bed bug service is extremely thorough and is guaranteed to get rid of all your bugs. If you think that you might have bed bugs in your home, please call us today for an inspection. Diagnosing the problem early can reduce both the cost and the intensity of your treatment. Remember, we are always happy to answer any questions you many have about your bed bug issues. As always, your satisfaction is our top priority.